Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
A delicious option for busy weeknights, with all the flavor of a slow-cooked chili and, done in about 15 minutes!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- In a microwave-safe 2-quart dish, crumble the ground beef and chopped onions and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 minutes (Make sure there is no pink! Cook longer, adding a minute at a time until the pink is gone).
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin and mix well.
- Using a fork and knife, rough cut the stewed tomatoes so they are bite size.
- Cover and cook for 6 ½ minutes.
- Add beans and mix well.
- Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro or even tater tots!