These little sandwiches are still hugely satisfying with melty cheese, fresh tomato and toasty bread.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 20 | Difficulty: Easy
- 40 slices cocktail bread
- 10 slices Havarti cheese, cut into quarters
- 3 each Roma tomatoes, sliced into ⅛” slices
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Place tomato slices in a single layer on a kitchen towel or paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Lay out 20 pieces of cocktail bread on a work surface. Top each with 1 quarter piece of cheese, 1 slice tomato, another quarter piece of cheese, top with second slice of bread. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place sandwiches, butter side down, in pan; cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown on one side. Brush other side of sandwich with melted butter; flip sandwiches and cook another 1-2 minutes until browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches if necessary.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 120, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates 10g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.