Perch a complete breakfast on a tortilla base with this fun alternative to the usual eggs and toast.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 6-inch corn flour tortillas
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Make salsa by softening onions, green peppers and jalapeño peppers in a medium saucepan on medium heat, for about 3-4 minutes. Add drained tomatoes, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray non-stick spray on both sides of a tortilla and place it on a medium skillet on medium-low heat. Cook the first side of the tortilla for about 3 minutes, flip, and carefully add two eggs on top of the tortilla. Place two heaping Tbsp. of salsa between the two eggs, cover the pan and bring heat to low. Allow eggs to cook between 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve on a plate with chopped cilantro.