Created by: Emily Buys, The Clever Housewife
Every party or celebration needs a beverage that sparks conversation. When I'm getting ready for the big game, I start prepping and planning for a drink that will wow the crowd, and this sangria mocktail does the trick. It’s kid-friendly and – even better – it tastes superb.
Sangria is best when you have fresh fruit, but since it uses a variety of fruits, you may not find all of them in season at the same time. During the spring and summer months, use fresh strawberries, peaches and plums, and in the winter, get what you can at the store, such as fresh lemons and clementines. Or, opt for frozen fruit if you need to; luckily, you can find a variety of frozen fruits that taste great in this virgin sangria.
After soaking the fruit in delicious blackberry juice, you're ready to top it off with fizzy ginger ale and wow those party guests. Now you can root for your favorite team in style.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peaches, sliced
- 2 clementines, peeled and quartered
- 1 plum, quartered and pit removed
- 1 lemon, sliced (peel still on)
- 4 cups blackberry juice
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Add all the fruit to a large pitcher and cover with blackberry juice. Make sure the fruit is completely covered with juice, and add more juice if necessary.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, so the liquid can absorb all the fruity flavors.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and add ginger ale just before serving. Garnish with more lemon slices if desired.