If you like Old Fashioned cocktails, you’ll love these bourbon balls. With angostura bitters and a bit of orange, it’s a cocktail in candy form!
Hands-on Time: 50 min. | Total Time: 3 hours 50 min. | Serves: 42 | Difficulty: Medium
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 3 Tbsp. Jim Beam® Bourbon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ tsp. orange zest
- ¼ tsp. angostura bitters
- 1 box (1 lb.) powdered sugar (3¾ cups)
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- Ground pecans
- In small bowl, stir together ½ cup ground pecans and the bourbon; let soak 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat butter, orange zest and bitters on low speed until blended. Beat in pecan mixture. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on medium speed until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Shape into 1” balls. Place on cookie sheet. Freeze at least 2 hours or until very firm.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, heat bittersweet chips and shortening on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each interval, until chips are melted.
- Line rimmed baking pan with waxed paper. Dip each ball into chocolate; remove with fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip through tines of fork. Place on pan; sprinkle with additional ground pecans.
- Cover and store at room temperature up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month.