Created by: Greggy Soriano, Greggy’s Digest
Here’s a fun way to incorporate Peeps into your spring-themed dessert table: a moist cupcake, topped with a mountain of fruit punch-flavored Peeps frosting and dipped into pastel-colored chocolate.
- 1 box (16 oz.) Kroger Cake Mix, any variety
- 2 jars (7 oz. each) Kroger Marshmallow Crème
- 3 packages fruit punch-flavored Peeps
- Pastel-colored chocolate, candy melts or almond bark for dipping
- Cupcake liners
- Plastic piping bag with a plain round tip, or a large zip-top plastic sandwich bag with one corner cut off
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Set them aside and allow them to cool.
- Melt one package of Peeps in the microwave in 30-second increments until they're nice and smooth. Don't overheat. Set other packages of Peeps to the side.
- Cool the melted Peeps with a little marshmallow crème. This is called tempering.
- Add the remaining marshmallow crème to the melted Peep mixture.
- Fill the piping bag with the Peep-flavored marshmallow crème.
- Pipe a small mound of marshmallow crème onto each cupcake.
- Place one marshmallow Peep on top of the marshmallow crème. Set in the refrigerator or freezer to cool.
- Melt the pastel-colored chocolate in the microwave in 10-second increments. Allow it to cool until it's no longer warm to the touch but is still melted.
- Dip the entire top of the marshmallow crème frosting and Peep into the melted chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set and serve!