Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Chocolate and peppermint are a match made in heaven, so it seems only natural to make my favorite pie fit for the holidays.
Silky chocolate mousse that is spiked with peppermint, a flakey piecrust and fluffy homemade whipped cream, all topped with peppermint candy bits. The perfect dessert to serve at any holiday get together.
- 1 pie crust (9”)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Press piecrust into a 9” pie plate. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer beat butter for 2 minutes, until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, continuing to beat until light and fluffy. Mix in cooled chocolate and peppermint.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes after each addition. It should be light and fluffy when you are done.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled pie shell. Place in fridge while you prepare the whipped cream.
- In a large bowl beat heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks. Spread whipped cream over chocolate layer. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
- Let sit in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
- Store leftover pie in the fridge.