Jalapeño popper dip makes a great filling for a savory pie crust and everything tastes better on a stick.
Hands-on Time: 60 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 25 min. | Serves: 36 | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pickled jalapeños, drained and finely chopped
- 1 each. jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 packages (14.1oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 36 6” cookie sticks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, jalapeños, garlic and pepper; mix well to combine.
- On a light floured surface lay out pie crust, roll to form 12” diameter circle. With a 2 ½” round cutter, cut 18 circles of dough. Repeat with remain pie crusts. Brush 36 circles with egg wash; lay a cookie stick in the center and press lightly. Top with 1 teaspoon of jalapeño mixture leaving ½” border; top with remaining circles of dough. Fork around edges to secure. Transfer to prepared pan, brush tops with egg wash and cut a small slit in the center.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 140, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates 13g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (3% DV), Sugars 1g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.