Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
This Thanksgiving, swap the pumpkin pie for Pumpkin Lush Bars! Pumpkin pudding plus a thick cream cheese layer on top of a buttery crust and your taste buds will be doing flips.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping, plus more for topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package (5.1 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can (15 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Combine flour, butter and nuts in a large mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated and resembling a fine powder, being careful not to overmix like a dough. Press into the bottom of a 9”x13” casserole dish. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare cream cheese layer and pudding. In a large mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- To make pudding, whisk together vanilla pudding and evaporated milk. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, until fully incorporated. Return to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove crust from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before spreading the cream cheese layer over the top of the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from the refrigerator and top the cream cheese layer with the pumpkin pudding. Return to refrigerator for 20 minutes, to set up.
- Pull the dish out from the refrigerator and cut and serve. Top with additional whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.