Treat your significant other to an indulgent, juicy roast this V-Day. Savory shiitake butter seeps into the warm roast, creating a memorable, mouthwatering meal.
Hands-on Time: 30 min.| Total Time: 1 hr. 30 min. | Serves: 4-6 | Difficulty: Medium
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ oz. dried shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2-2½ lb. ribeye roast, bone-in
- ½ Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Kroger™ Vegetable Oil
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, process the mushrooms until finely chopped.
- Combine the mushrooms, butter, salt, pepper and thyme leaves in a medium bowl. Stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Place butter on a piece of plastic wrap and form into a log shape, twisting the ends closed. Store in the freezer or the refrigerator until firm. Slice into medallions when ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pat the ribeye with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Season both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet until very hot, and add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Place ribeye in the hot skillet and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes, until there is a golden-brown crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until an inserted thermometer reaches at least 130 F. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the ribeye with butter. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Complete the meal by adding a side of steamed green beans. Pair with Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon.
Per serving: Calories 560, Calories from Fat 440, Total Fat 49g (75% DV), Saturated Fat 23g (115% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 330mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates 1g (0% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 27g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.