Bourbon, tomatoes and jam? It’s a combination you’ve gotta try. This savory spread pairs nicely with cheese and many types of meat, poultry and fish.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 2 hours | Serves: 22 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. Roma tomatoes, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into ¼” slices
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Jim Beam® Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛-¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place oven racks in upper third and lower third of oven. Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with foil. Place tomato slices on one pan and onion slices on the other.
- Remove loose skin from around each bulb of garlic. Cut ¼”-½” from top of each bulb. Place cut side up on 12” square of aluminum foil. Drizzle each bulb with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet with onion. Drizzle remaining oil over onion.
- Roast garlic 30 minutes or until tender; remove from oven. Roast onion about 45 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through roasting. Roast tomatoes up to 2 hours or until very tender and starting to brown. Rotate baking pans between top and bottom racks every 15 minutes.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse onion and garlic until coarsely chopped. Add tomatoes; pulse until blended but still slightly chunky. Transfer to 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; simmer 5-10 minutes or until thick. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.