Created by: Erin Sellin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
September is National Family Meal Month, so get in the kitchen with your family and make these easy sausage, egg and cheese breakfast taquitos!
- 12 whole large eggs
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 breakfast sausage links, cooked according to package directions
- 12 small flour tortillas (soft sheet or fajita size)
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat eggs together, and pour into a large skillet over medium heat. Stir and cook until scrambled. Stir in can of green chilies. Season with salt and pepper.
- To form the taquitos, put about 1 egg’s worth down the center of the flour tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese, and 2 sausage links. Roll tightly, and place seam side down, on a baking sheet. Continue until you have 12 taquitos.
- Spray the taquitos well with non-stick spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Depending on the oven, you might want to use the boiler for a few minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.