Don’t let the tiny size of the peppers fool you, these over-stuffed poppers are full to bursting with cheese and spiced sausage.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 5.2 oz. Boursin garlic & fine herbs cheese, half pkg.
- ¼ cup Private Selection Shredded 3 Cheese Blend, plus extra for topping
- 16oz. bag mini sweet peppers or jalapenos (or combination of both)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- ¼ cup pine nuts – toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut peppers lengthwise*, remove seeds and place in bowl, add 1T olive oil and toss lightly to coat.
- Place peppers cut sides up on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 6-8 minutes to soften. Remove from oven to cool.
- While peppers are cooling, cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, breaking into crumbles with spoon, drain, set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in dry skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted. Mix 4 oz. cream cheese, Boursin cheese, 3 Cheese Blend together until combined.
- Add cheese mixture to cooled crumbled sausage and mix well, add pine nuts.
- Fill pepper halves and sprinkle with shredded cheese, place back in oven for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Note: before cutting peppers, lay pepper on side to determine which side will lay flat.