A savory take on a breakfast staple, these ham and cheese waffles are even more delicious served with a fried egg on top.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Heat oven to 200°F. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder. In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk and butter and hot sauce until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Fold in cheese, ham and chives.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacture instructions. Add batter and cook until golden brown. Transfer to pan in the oven while cooking the other waffles. Refrigerate leftovers.