Created by: Elisabeth McKnight, Bella the Blog
These cupcakes are almost as cute as they are delicious, and they make the perfect treat to celebrate Earth Day!
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 can Kroger Rich & Creamy Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 package (14.3 oz.) Oreo Cookies, for topping
- Fondant leaves or gummy worms, for topping
- Follow the directions on the cake mix package, mixing the ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with batter and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until the cupcake top bounces back after pressure is applied.
- Frost with chocolate frosting and dip the top of the cupcake in crushed Oreo Cookies; top with the fondant leaf to serve as a seedling. If desired, add a gummy worm or two.
I pulled the chocolate cookie part off of each Oreo, so I had no white filling in my "dirt."