Created by: Margaret Chapman, The Plant Philosophy
A seasonal feast that’s pure comfort all in one bowl.
- 2 acorn squash, halved & seeded
- Vegetable stock*, as needed (in place of oil)
- Simple Truth poultry herb blend, to garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups Simple Truth meatless crumble
- 2 cups Kroger mixed vegetables
- ¾ cups yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 4 Russet potatoes, peeled (about 4 cups diced)
- ⅓-½ cup non-dairy milk, as desired
- ½ Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and pat dry squash, cut in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Roast cut side down squash for 40-55 minutes.
- In a large pot, add diced potatoes and fill with water to top. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and mash with non-dairy milk, garlic, rosemary and salt & pepper to taste.
- While the squash is roasting and potatoes are boiling - add diced onion and shallot to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until translucent. Adding vegetable stock as needed to avoid sticking (in place of oil, optional).
- Add in meatless crumble and veggies. Mixing evenly and stirring frequently to avoid sticking. Cook for 10-12 minutes over medium heat.
- Stuff with about ½ cup of meatless ground and veggie mixture. Top with a large scoop of mashed potatoes.
- Repeat for each squash and transfer back to a baking sheet.
- Bring oven to a broil and bake until mashed potatoes are golden brown on top.
- Serve hot, topped with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and fresh rosemary.