Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Whether you are hosting a party at your house or attending a tailgate outside the stadium, everyone will be clamoring for these juicy and tender chicken sandwiches.
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 packet Kroger Zesty Italian Salad Dressing & Marinade Mix
- ½ cup Private Selection™ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 jar (12 oz.) Private Selection™ Grilled Piquillo Peppers, drained & rinsed
- Kroger Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Private Selection™ Potato Sandwich Rolls
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in the bottom. Sprinkle the packet of Italian salad dressing mix evenly over the chicken breasts.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar & tomato sauce. Pour over top of the chicken in the slow cooker and then top with the peppers.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. During the last 20 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken using two forks. Then toss well with the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Serve the shredded chicken and peppers with sandwich buns and slices of mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!
- Try setting up a little sandwich bar with the buns and a few different types of cheese slices so everyone can make and top their sandwiches to their liking.