Succulent shrimp, sweet juicy ears of corn, and smoky sausage - all in one pot!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 55 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1½ lbs. small red potatoes, halved
- 6 ears of sweet corn, husked, cut in half
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut in 2" pieces
- 2 lbs. deveined uncooked shrimp in the shell
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Cocktail sauce
- In 7-8 quart stockpot or Dutch oven, bring 3½ quarts of water to a boil. Stir in seasoning. Add potatoes; cook 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add corn and sausage to pot; cook 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cover. Reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes or only until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain liquid. Arrange all food on a large platter and set on picnic table completely covered with thick layers of newspapers. Traditionalists just place all of the food on the newspaper. Serve with melted butter, lemon and cocktail sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 720, Calories from Fat 430, Total Fat 48g (74% DV), Saturated Fat 22g (110% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 300mg (100% DV), Sodium 3660mg (152% DV), Carbohydrates 40g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Sugars 8g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.