This stick-to-your-ribs recipe blends juicy pork with yellow and red bell peppers.
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 lbs. boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and cubed into 1" pieces
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream, for topping
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add pork and cook until browned. Remove from heat and add to slow cooker. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in same pot and add onions and garlic. Sauté about 6 minutes, until softened. Add to slow cooker. Add tomatoes, pinto and black beans, red and yellow bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook on high setting for 3-4 hours.
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.