Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Let’s make queso! The big game always goes well with a side of queso dip and chips. Making this dip in a slow cooker is a cinch, which makes it a win for everyone. Toss in a few ingredients, let it get melty and eat!
- 1 package (8 oz.) regular cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. white American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- ¼ cup milk (optional: plus a few more Tbsp. to reach the right consistency)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ Tbsp. jalapenos, minced (optional)
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Combine the cream cheese, American cheese, butter, green chiles and optional jalapenos in a greased slow cooker. Let the mixture melt together for about 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the cheeses are melted, add the milk and stir to incorporate.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder and cumin for additional flavor and continue to warm until the cheese has melted entirely, making sure to stir often to keep it from burning.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over top and serve the dip straight from the slow cooker on low, with chips.