Chipotle chilis add smoky heat to this seasonal soup.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sour cream, green onion, cilantro and/or lime wedges, as desired
- Heat oil a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat; add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add chipotle, adobo sauce, pumpkin and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and allow to cook 30 minutes until vegetable are tender. Using an immersion blender or food processer to puree the soup until smooth; stir in cream. Adjust seasoning to taste; garnish as desired.
Tip: For an even smoother soup pour through a fine mesh sieve before serving.
Per serving: Calories 190, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 1670mg (70% DV), Carbohydrates 17g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 250%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.