Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
As the air gets cooler and the days shorter, warm and savory comfort food is on the menu. Sour Cream and Ranch Tater Tot Casserole hits the spot. Creamy sour cream, tangy Ranch mix and the bit of crispy crunch provided by the tater tots makes this casserole a perfect game day food.
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 10-12 strips of bacon, cooked crisply and finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 lb. bag of frozen tater tots
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, ranch dressing mix, chopped bacon and cheese.
- Add in tater tots and gently combine, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Lightly coat a 9 x13 pan with cooking spray and spoon the tater mix into the pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- To use as a dip, follow steps 1-5. After removing from the oven, cool slightly. Then, scoop out half the pan and place in a bowl. Lightly stir to break apart large potato pieces. Serve with crackers.