Created by: Nellie Tracy, Butter With a Side of Bread
I have found that the best way to eat lighter throughout the week is to prep some of my meals ahead of time so that they are ready to go in the fridge. When something is ready to eat, you’re more likely to grab it, rather than other less healthy options. This recipe is very simple and versatile so you can add additional veggies if you like.
I use salsa as a dressing, but you could also add your favorite salad dressing if desired. This recipe can be divided up into five individual containers to be eaten throughout the week.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 1⅔ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 7½ cups lettuce, chopped or torn into bite sized pieces
- Salsa for dressing
- Divide the chicken into five plastic containers. Place ⅓ cup rice into each container and then divide the corn and beans evenly into each container.
- Place 1½ cups of lettuce into five plastic sandwich bags.
- When ready to eat, microwave the ingredients in the container for 1-2 minutes and then add one prepared bag of lettuce and salsa as dressing.