The perfect breakfast entrée for houseguests: Set out a basket of split sweet potato biscuits along with a selection of breakfast sandwich ingredients and invite guests to have at it. Everyone can assemble his or her own favorite combo of ham, cheese, eggs and jam!
Hands-on Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
Serves: 14 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- ½ cup Kroger 2% or Whole Milk
- 1 lb. ham, thinly sliced
- 14 large eggs, cooked as desired and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper
- 1¼ lbs. Kroger Sharp Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until pea-size crumbs form. Stir in sweet potatoes and milk just until combined.
- Roll dough out to about ¾” thickness. With a 3” biscuit cutter, cut out dough rounds, transferring to prepared baking sheet as they are cut. Re-roll any remaining dough to make 14 rounds total.
- Bake biscuits 12-15 minutes until lightly golden and baked through. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Split biscuits and top bottom halves evenly with ham, egg and cheese. Spread about 2 teaspoons jam on top half of each bun. Cover with top halves to make sandwiches.
Per serving: Calories 460, Calories from Fat 230, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Saturated Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 260mg (87% DV), Sodium 940mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates 30g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 40%, Iron 15%.