Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
This is a classic Taco Dip with extra umph! You’ll taste layer upon layer of bold and bright ingredients that provide lots of texture and flavor.
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips, for eating
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 1½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼-½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½-1 chopped red, orange or yellow pepper (or a combination)
- ¼-½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Hot sauce
- Black olives
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning by hand or with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mix onto a large plate creating a smooth layer with a rubber spatula.
- Assemble just before serving by adding your toppings of choice: lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, peppers, cilantro, jalapenos, a dash of hot sauce and black olives. We like to layer them as they are listed, starting with the lettuce and ending by sprinkling the lime juice over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can prepare all the parts of this dish beforehand, except for the lettuce and cilantro (to keep them from wilting). This will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for two days but the texture and look will change.