This is a rich, flavorful, crowd-pleasing chili. Serve alongside chips and dip, chicken wings, and a vegetable tray.
Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Serves: 10 | Yields: 10 Bowls
- Olive oil to taste
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chipotles in adobo, minced
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 (15 oz.) cans red beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 (15 oz.) cans diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups Coca-Cola®
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and minced chipotle and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except jalapeño, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve with fresh jalapeño slices.
- – To increase the sweetness and decrease the heat in this dish, add more soda and use less chicken stock.