Serve these Middle Eastern inspired kabobs with Jasmine rice, mango and/or cilantro chutney, and warm naan or pita bread.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 2 hours 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1½” cubes
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 green onions, white and light green parts cut in 1½” pieces
- 8 (12”) metal skewers
- In medium glass bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken, oil and onion. Place chicken in large resealable plastic storage bag and add oil; knead bag to coat chicken in oil. Pour in yogurt mixture; seal bag and knead to cover all of chicken with mixture.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight. Thread chicken cubes alternately with green onion pieces on skewers.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill. Cook 3 -4 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 230, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 32g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%