Created by: Nellie Tracy, Butter With a Side of Bread
Summer is one of my favorite seasons – I just love the warm weather and getting to do so many fun activities with my family! I also love all of the frozen treats I get to make (and eat!) when the temperatures get high. This delicious sorbet is packed with fresh fruit and only requires four ingredients, one of which is water!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, greens removed
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil while stirring for about 2-3 minutes, until all of the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the water/sugar mixture into a blender and add the watermelon and strawberries. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds. Pour the sorbet into an 8”x 8” dish and place in the freezer for about 3 hours, or until firm.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Scoop the sorbet into individual serving dishes and serve.