Created by: Ashley Torres, Pursuit of Shoes
This time of year means lots of game viewing parties, which means lots of chips, dips and veggie dishes, right? I don’t know about you, but I’ve had my fair share of carrot sticks dipped in ranch.
I’m kinda ready for something different. So this year, to stand out from the usual appetizer platters, I made this savory zucchini and corn veggie dish. You’re going to LOVE it, and so will your guests! Trust me.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned, frozen or fresh
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn, basil, thyme and oregano to the chopped zucchini. Stir until the zucchini is tender and the spices come together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the zucchini is tender, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a bowl to cool.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes; add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Drizzle lime juice to coat all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the fresh cilantro and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve to your fellow sports fans and root for the home team!