Created by: Elisabeth McKnight, Bella the Blog
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving this year, there’s no need to stress. Elisabeth Earnshaw of BellatheBlog.com offers these 12 sanity-saving tips so you can (gasp!) actually enjoy the holiday with your family.
- Use bathroom cleaner instead of kitchen cleaner on kitchen counters and sinks for less scrubbing and more sparkling.
- Days before the dinner, make the gravy and freeze it. It will thaw beautifully for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Don’t try out new dishes on Thanksgiving – stick to tried-and-true favorites you know your guests will enjoy.
- Set the table the night before.
- Clean as you go.
- Delegate side dishes, desserts and salads to guests. You’re in charge of the bird!
- Create a playlist the week before.
- Line your pans with foil or parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Double or triple line your trash cans so you won’t have to replace the bags during dinner.
- Don't let the dishes sit,or else they will be much harder to clean.
- Consider disposable dishes for dessert. Then you won’t have to clean a second time after dinner.
- Use a great dishwashing detergent. For a meal with lots of dishes, you’ll want to minimize the cleaning before loading.