Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
We do a lot of entertaining around the holidays, and we also attend quite a few holiday parties and get-togethers. I love having a handful of go-to appetizer recipes on hand that are easy to make and perfect for sharing.
Although you can never go wrong with a classic platter of assorted cheeses, olives and crackers, what's a party without the dip? I always include a crowd-pleasing, tasty dip of some sort in just about every one of my holiday party menus – the cheesier the better.
This Shrimp and Artichoke Asiago Dip is a delicious twist on a classic spinach artichoke dip. The spinach is swapped out for tender shrimp, and the traditional, milder Parmesan is replaced with flavorful and robust Asiago cheese. This bold, creamy and oh-so-cheesy dip is served warm from the oven and is sure to become the star of your next holiday party or get-together.
- 8 oz. (about 16-17 large shrimp) Kroger Frozen Cooked Shrimp (Tail Off), thawed and chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated and quartered artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Kroger 33% Less Fat Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Kroger Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 1 container (5 oz.) Private Selection™ Shredded Asiago Cheese
- Private Selection™ Toasted Sesame Water Crisps and Private Selection™ Classic Entertainment Crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray an 8”x8” or 9”x9” baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, artichoke hearts, minced garlic, cream cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of the shredded Asiago cheese. Mix well.
- Spread the shrimp-artichoke mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining Asiago cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Pop the baking dish under your broiler for about 2 minutes after baking to make the top of the dip bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with crackers. Enjoy!